TETFUND CONFERENCE COMITTEE UNVIELS GUIDELINES FOR ACCESSING CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE
Published on 19 September 2016
TETFUND CONFERENCE COMITTEE UNVIELS GUIDELINES FOR ACCESSING CONFERENCE ATTENDANCE INTERVENTION PROGRAMME
The Academic Planning unit has unveiled new guidelines for accessing Conference Attendance Intervention for immediate implementation by all members of staff in each Faculty/Unit of the University.
1. Both academic and non-academic staff must be on permanent appointment and must also be confirmed staff.
2. All letter of invitation must come from registered and reputable Institutions that are recognized as organizers for conference.
3. All conference fees should not exceed $4,500.00 for International conference or its equivalent.
4. All conference attendance periods must not exceed seven days
5. Refunds on any conference attended without obtaining approval from the fund will not be considered for approval.
6. Documents for conference attendance programme must indicate status and salary scale of the prospective conference attendee
7. All letters of invitation to conferences must come from registered and reputable institutions that are recognized and certified, with the fees clearly stated there on.
In a statement signed by the TETfund Desk Officer S.S Osamoka, submission by institutions for group conference attendance could be considered for approval if organized by recognized and reputable Federal Public Training Institutions such as the Public Service Institute of Nigeria (PSIN), Administrative Staff College of Nigeria (ASCON), Center for Management Development (CMD) and so on. The Desk Officer further asked staff to adhere strictly to the guidelines in order for the desired result to be achieved.