2018/2019 STAFF ANNUAL REVIEW EXERCISE – JUNIOR STAFF
The above subject refers.
All Faculties and Departments in the University are hereby informed to commence action on the 2018/2019 Staff Review Exercise. For the avoidance of doubt, the underlisted guidelines on the Administrative and Technical Staff (Junior) Review Exercises are produced below for ease of reference and to assist in the discharge of the exercise.
In view of the above, members of staff are enjoined to visit the University’s website www.fuoye.edu.ng to print their Annual Performance Evaluation Report (APER) Form.
Kindly note that the Personnel Non-Teaching has been split into two Units, namely: Administrative and Technical Staff (ATS) and Junior Staff. Therefore, notice of meeting, folder and recommendations should be sent separately in that line.
I. GENERAL GUIDELINES
· Arrangement of the presentation of Annual Review Exercise Report
(ii) Criteria used;
(a) Promotion Cases.
Staff must have spent at least three years on the current post to qualify for promotion. Appropriate scrutiny of staff personal file should be taken into consideration.
(b) Confirmation Cases.
Confirmation of appointment shall be after the mandatory probation period of two years starting with the date of assumption of duty in the University. Appropriate scrutiny of staff personal file should be taken into consideration at all times.
(c) Cases of staff with Adverse Report
(d) Annual Increment
(Please note that annual increment is not automatic.)
· The Review Panel Reports should be arranged Department by Department.
Reports from the Dean’s Office and Faculty Office to come first to be followed by Departments which should be in alphabetical order.
· It should be noted that moderate scores should be awarded to all members of staff. This is to give room for improvement.
· To earn an Annual increment, a staff must have a good Departmental Report but it must be noted that Annual increment is not automatic.
· Supervisors should ensure that individual staff must comment on the report in addition to endorsing the appropriate column on their forms.
· A Soft copy and 20 hard copies of the recommendation of the Annual Review Panel and APER Summary Sheet should be collated and sent to the Personnel Affairs Unit. (The sample of the summary sheet from the Personnel Affairs Division should be strictly followed and it should constitute page (1) of the Annual Review Report) (see attached sample, please) (a copy is available on the University’s website: www.fuoye.edu.ng)
· Four (4) copies of the APER Form must be filled on each staff and submitted for further consideration of the Faculty/Department/Unit Review Committee; and three (3) of these should be forwarded to the Registry (Personnel Office), while one set should be retained in the personal file of the staff in the office of primary assignment.
· All members of staff, irrespective of whether they are due for promotion or not, must ensure they fill their APER Forms every year and copies must be retained in their personal files.
Kindly ensure to adhere to the guidelines given above to ensure a smooth processing of the report of the Faculty/ Department/ Unit Review Panel’s Report.
II. SUMMARY OF GUIDELINES ON THE ANNUAL REVIEW EXERCISE
1. Confirmation of Appointment shall be after the mandatory probation period of two years with effect from the date of assumption of duty in the University.
2. Staff must have spent at least three years on the current post to qualify for promotion.
3. There must be a very good Departmental Report and Recommendation on the staff concerned.
4. Any Head of Department/Unit who gives false information on his staff on his/her staff, shall have his/her recommendation disqualified.
5. To earn an Annual Increment, a staff must have a good Departmental Report.
6. In a situation whereby the staff has served less than six months under the reporting officer, information should be sought from the immediate past Head of Department of the staff to ensure a balanced report.
III. DEADLINE ON SUBMISSION OF FACULTY/DEPARTMENT/UNIT REVIEW PANEL REPORT
All completed forms and the photocopies for consideration by the Committee should be forwarded to the Personnel Affairs Office not later than the above given deadline of Friday, 28th June, 2019.
ALL are hereby enjoined to set all machineries in motion and to please adhere strictly to the above guidelines for a smooth and successful 2019 Review Exercise.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APER FORM
Olayinka ADENIRAN-AJAYI (Mrs); mnim; mcipm; fcai
(See attached, please)
Personnel Affairs Officer