FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
Only students who meet the general requirements for admission into Federal University Oye-Ekiti undergraduate programmes as well as Departments-specific requirements in the Faculty of Environmental Design and Management, shall be offered placements in the 5-year B.Sc Programmes at either 100, 200 or 300 Levels as applicable. Candidates with a minimum of C grade from the Pre-Degree Programme of this university may also be considered for admission provided they satisfy other core requirements.
In addition to the above-specified entry requirements, candidates are expected to score minimum of 180 in the 2020/21 UTME.
1.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
a). Candidates admissible would be those who have successfully completed the Senior Secondary School Certificate and obtained five O-level credits in Mathematics, Physics, English and any two of the following subjects: Geography, Technical drawing, Fine Art, Chemistry.
b). Candidates, who passed the five required subjects of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English, and Geography or Biology, with a minimum of C grade from the Pre-Degree Programme of this university, may also be considered for admission. Candidates so admitted commence at the 100 level of the programme.
1.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
a.) Candidates who fulfill the O-level requirements in addition to holding the National Diploma (ND) or Higher National Diploma (HND) certificate in Architecture at upper credit level would be considered for direct entry admission into the 200 level of the programme.
b.) Candidates with three A’Level/IJMB subjects from Mathematics, Physics, Technical Drawing, Fine art and Geography can be considered for Direct admission to 200Level.
All admissions must be through JAMB.
2.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
a.) Candidates must possess minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings at SSCE or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and any one of the following subjects: Technical Drawing, Economics, Geography, Building construction Biology.
b.) Also, the candidate must have passed the minimum requirements of JAMB and the University screening exercise.
JAMB subject combination is English language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
2.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
Candidates admissible through direct entry should
- Possess G.C.E. ‘A’ Level or its equivalent with passes in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry to be admitted into 200 Level of the Programme, with at least minimum of Lower Credit. They are also required to satisfy O’ level requirements as stated.
- Hold National Diploma in appropriate disciplines to be admitted into 200 Level of the Programme, with at least minimum of Lower Credit. They are also required to satisfy ‘O’ level requirements as stated.
- Hold HND with a minimum of Lower Credit to be admitted into 300 Level of the Programme provided the ‘O’ level requirements are met.
3.0 ESTATE MANAGEMENT
3.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
a.) Candidates must possess not less than five credit-level passes at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination, SSCE or acceptable equivalents.
b.) The subjects must include the followings: Mathematics, English language, Economics, and any other two subjects, one of which must be a science subject, from Geography, Building Construction, Surveying, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Health Science, Technical Drawings, Agric. Science, Fine – Arts, Computer/ICT, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Works , Plumbing and pipe fitting, Bricklaying and Concrete work.
JAMB subjects combination must include Use of English, Mathematics, Economics and one of the other subjects specified above.
3.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
a.) Holders of National Diploma (ND) in Estate Management may be considered for direct entry to 200Level provided they have a minimum of lower credit in their ND results and satisfy the general entry requirement of the University.
b.) Holders of ND in other Environmental Planning, Design and Management disciplines with upper credit and holders of IJMB with credit passes in 3 subjects having met the SSCE requirements are also admissible to 200Level.
c.) Holders of the Higher National Diploma (HND) in Estate Management from accredited Institutions may be considered for 300 level provided they have a minimum of lower credit in their HND results and satisfy all specified entry requirements of the University.
4.0 QUANTITY SURVEYING
4.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
All candidates seeking admission into Quantity Surveying through JAMB must obtain five (5) credit passes at SSCE,GCE, NABTEB or their acceptable equivalent in Mathematics, English Language and Physics plus two (2) other subjects chosen from Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Accounting, Business Method, Geography and Technical Drawing at not more than two (2) sittings.
4.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
Holders of National Diploma (ND) in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Building and Architecture may be considered for Direct Entry provided they have at least a lower Credit in their National Diploma Result and satisfy the general entry requirements of the University. Holders of the Higher National Diploma(HND) in Quantity Surveying may be considered for 300 level admission.
5.0 SURVEYING AND GEOINFORMATICS
5.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
Five ‘O Level’ Subjects with credits in Mathematics, Physics and English Language and any two of the following: Geography, Elementary Surveying, Technical Drawing, Chemistry, Economic and Biology at SSCE or its acceptable equivalents.
5.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
Candidates with passes in two ‘A Levels’ or HSC in Mathematics and Physics and any one of: Chemistry, Geography or Economics, plus basic ‘O Level’ requirements.
National Diploma (ND) in Surveying and Geoinformatics with Lower Credit plus ‘O level requirements may be admitted into 200 level. HND in Surveying and Geoinformatics with Lower Credit plus ‘O level’ requirements may be admitted into 300 level. Applicants with National Diploma and Higher National Diploma from accredited Polytechnics/Institutions of higher learning stand better chances of admission into the Direct Entry Programme.
- URBAN AND REGIONAL PLANNING
6.1 JOINT ADMISSIONS AND MATRICULATION ENTRY MODE
All candidates seeking admission into Urban and Regional Planning through UTME must obtain five credits at SSCE/ GCE Ordinary Level or its equivalent at not more than two sittings. The subjects required are English Language, Mathematics, Geography and any other two subjects from Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science, Economics, and Technical Drawing. Candidates must have the required UTME score as well as passed the prescribed University screening examination.
6.2 DIRECT ENTRY MODE:
a.) A holder of National Diploma (ND) in Urban and Regional Planning may be considered for Direct Entry provided he/she has at least a Lower Credit in his/her National Diploma result and satisfies general entry requirement of five Ordinary Level credit in SSCE/GCE or its acceptable equivalent.
b). Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in Urban and Regional Planning may also be considered into 300 Level of the programme while holders of National Diploma will be considered into 200 Level in addition to satisfying the O’Level requirements.
Faculty: Basic Medical Sciences
- Dept. of Anatomy 2. Dept. of Medical Laboratory Science 3. Dept. of Nursing 4. Dept. of Physiology 5. Dept. of Radiography and Radiation Science
- UTME Candidates: 4years B.Sc Programme.
(A) UTME Subjects: English Language, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
(B) Candidates must have five(5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC and NECO in the Senior School Certificate or its equivalent in: i. English Language ii. Biology iii. Chemistry iv. Mathematics and iv. Physics
- MEDICAL LABORATORY
- UTM|E Candidates: 5years BMLS programme:
- UTME Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Candidates must have Credit in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at not more than two sittings in WAEC or NECO
1.UTME Candidate: 5year BNSc programme.
Credit in English, Mathematics, Biology, Physics and Chemistry at not more than two sitting in WAEC, NECO. (Note: both WAEC and NECO cannot be combined).
- D.E Candidate: 4 year BNSc programme.
Normally, DE candidates in nursing are of three types:
- Candidate that have graduated from govt approved nursing school and graduated wt RN of the Nursing and midwifery council of Nigeria. Such Candidate, in addition, must possess credits in English Maths Bio Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidate with minimum of 12points in A level courses in. Advanced Bio, Chemistry and Physics. Such Candidate shd possess in addition 5 credit in O/L English, Maths Biology, Physics and Chemistry.
- Candidate that has graduated in nuc recognised University and came out with minimum if second class lower in basic medical Sciences like anatomy, physiology, biochemistry, microbiology and any any other relevant courses.
- UTME Candidates:
- Admission into 100 Level shall be for studies to be undertaken over a minimum of four (4) Academic Sessions.
- The admission shall either be through the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) organized by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) or the Pre-Degree Science Programme of the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti.
- To be eligible for admission, candidates must have at least (5) Credits in not more than two sittings in the Senior Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
- RADIOGRAPHY AND RADIATION SCIENCE
- UTME Candidates: 5years B.Sc. Radiography and Radiation Science.
- UTME Subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Candidates must have five(5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC, NECO and NABTEB in the Senior School Certificate (at not more than two sittings) or its equivalent in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Physics, Chemistry
FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE-EKITI
2020/2021 ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE
- ADMISSION SCREENING EXERCISE
The Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) hereby informs all interested applicants who participated in the 2020 UTME to visit the screening portal www.ecampus.fuoye.edu.ng/putme in order to participate in the online screening exercise for the newly approved programmes as listed in section 6.0
- Candidates who obtained UTME Score of 180 and above.
- All candidates must possess a minimum of five ‘O’ Level credits (including English Language and Mathematics) obtained at not more than two sittings in subjects relevant to their proposed courses. [check screening portal for subject requirements].
- PAYMENT INSTRUCTIONs
- Each candidate will be required to pay a screening fee of Two Thousand Naira (N 2,000. 00) only.
- Payment should be made strictly online on the University Screening Portal using any Bank Debit Card.
Log on to http://ecampus.fuoye.edu.ng/putme
On Admission Menu displayed on the right-hand side, click “Registration Steps” and read instructions carefully
Kindly login with your JAMB Registration Number e.g 96510415CA [Note Password is not required]
You will be required to complete your profile on the portal
Note: Ensure to use a valid email address and phone number by which you can be contacted if required. Always check your mail and the website for updates and information
After updating your information, activation link will be sent to your email box provided. Click on the activation link to verify your email account and registration details.
Login again after verification and you will be prompted to make payment. Follow the payment steps as provided on your screen
Complete your registration by clicking on the “Upload O’Level Results”
Print out your Registration Slip containing summary of your registration. For assistance send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMPORTANT NOTICE
Applicants for the Screening Exercise will be required to do the following on the University’s website.
- Submit a valid e-mail address and cell phone number on your Registration Form.
- Complete the ‘O’ Level section with the required 5 ‘O’ Level credits for the course applied for either at one (1) or two (2) sittings
- Upload the ‘O’ level result(s) as indicated in (ii) above
- Submit your application and print out the screening Slip.
- Interested Candidates are to visit Jamb CAPS website to change their institution and course as appropriate.
Applicants that fail to adhere strictly to the instructions on the University’s website will be disqualified.
6.0 AVAILABLE COURSES
Faculty of Arts
- B.A. Philosophy
- B.A. Religious Studies
Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
- B.Sc. Anatomy
- BMLS Medical Laboratory Science
- B.NSc. Nursing
- B.Sc. Physiology
- B.Sc. Radiology and Radiation Science
Faculty of Education
- Ed Adult Education
Faculty of Environmental Design and Management
- B.Sc. Architecture
- B.Sc. Building
- B.Sc. Estate Management
- B.Sc. Quantity Surveying
- B.Sc. Surveying and Geoinformatics
- B.Sc. Urban and Regional Planning
Faculty of Science
- B.Sc. Environmental Management and Toxicology
- B.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. Statistics
Note: This Advert supersedes any document released before the date of this publication. All inconveniences regretted.
CLOSING DATE FOR SCREENING EXERCISE: Friday, 16th April, 2021
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.fuoye.edu.ng
Only enquiries not clarified by the above instructions should be addressed to: email@example.com or contact:
08088444730 between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday-Friday only.
Signed: Olatunbosun S. E. Odusanya FCIML, FSM, FIPM
Registrar and Secretary to Council