FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OYE EKITI
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
COUNCIL AFFAIRS DIVISION
To: All Members of Congregation
Date: 10th May, 2019
From: Ag. Registrar
Ref No: FUOYE/REG/CAD/048/Vol.001/166
GUIDELINES FOR ELECTION OF CONGREGATION REPRESENTATIVES ON THE UNIVERSITY GOVERNING COUNCIL
I write to present to you, the guidelines for election of Congregation representatives on the University Governing Council, as follows:
1. Membership of Congregation shall consist of:
a. The Vice-Chancellor;
b. The Deputy Vice-Chancellor;
c. The Registrar;
d. The Bursar;
e. The UniversityLibrarian;
f. Full time members of Academic Staff; and
g. Every member of the Senior Administrative and Technical Staff who holds a degree of any University recognized for the purpose of the University Statute by the Vice-Chancellor, not being an honorary degree.
2. Only members of staff on the post of Lecturer I and above or its equivalent, who are not retiring within the next four (4) years, will be eligible for election as Congregation representatives on the University Governing Council;
3. Members who had served a single term of four (4) years are also eligible for election to serve for another term of four (4)years;
4. Members of Congregation are to nominate candidates for election with the attached forms; and
5. Duly completed Nomination Forms should be marked ‘‘Congregation Nomination Form’’ and submitted in sealed envelopes to the Council Affairs Officer not later than Thursday, 16th May, 2019.
Mufutau A. IBRAHIM.
Council Affairs Officer
for: Ag. Registrar