The Federal University Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, is one of the relatively new Universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 to ameliorate the problem of access to tertiary education in Nigeria, especially in States lacking Federal University presence. The rationale for establishing the Federal University Oye-Ekiti includes, among others, a responsive approach to global academic expectations and excellence; access to quality education, and, to inculcate an attitude of lifelong learning. The University runs Two Campuses, the main seat of the University is at Oye-Ekiti and a second Campus is situated at kole-Ekiti. The University has Eleven (11) Faculties. The Faculties of Arts, Basic Medical Sciences, Education, Law, Management Sciences, Pharmacy, Science, and Social Sciences are located at the Dye-Ekiti Campus, while the Faculties of Agriculture, Engineering, and Environmental Design and Management, are situated at the Ikole-Ekiti Campus. The student population of the University currently stands at about 30,000. Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Registrar Location: Ekiti Registrar at the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti
The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, duly appointed by the Governing Council. He/She is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University. By virtue of the office, he/she is the Secretary to the Council, University Senate, Congregation and Convocation and their Committees. Requirements The candidate for the post shall be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; possess a high level of personal integrity; demonstrate transparency in both private and public life; be able to command the respect and loyalty of staff of the University; and, in addition, satisfy the following criteria:
- Must possess a good honours Degree in Arts, Humanities, Business Administration, Management or related disciplines from a recognized University. Possession of Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Must have at least Fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience in administrative activities, most of which must be in the University system or University related institutions;
- Should not be older than sixty (60) years upon appointment;
- Must be ready to implement the vision of the University;
- Must be a highly commendable person both in character and quality of service, with clear physical or documentary evidences;
- Must be focused and innovative, computer literate, and must have a good working understanding of communication by internet;vii. Be in excellent physical and mental health; and
- Must be a member of relevant professional bodies, e.g. NIM, ANUPA, CIA, etc.
The salary and conditions of service for the Registrar shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities in Nigeria. Application Closing Date 16th December, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit Twenty (20) hard copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full Name (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Email Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools Attended and Qualifications Obtained (with Dates)
- Current Employment and Position(s) Held (with Date(s))
- Previous Employment(s) / Position(s) (with Date(s))
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees
Hard Copies of the application (20 copies) should be submitted under confidential cover in a sealed envelope marked “Post of Registrar” to: The Vice-Chancellor, Federal University Oye-Ekiti, P.M.B. 373, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State. A Soft Copy of the Application (with the Curriculum Vitae and Credentials as an attachment) should be emailed to: email@example.com in addition to the hard copies submitted.
Applicants are expected to request their referees to forward their reports under confidential cover directly to the Vice-Chancellor. Applications (and Referees’ Reports) should reach the Vice-Chancellor on or before the deadline. The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results. This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.