Innovation and Character for National transformation with academic prowess!
Federal University Oye, Ekiti, located within Oye community, was one of the nine Federal Universities established by the Federal Government of Nigeria, pursuant to an executive order made by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR. Federal University Oye-Ekiti, whose pioneer Vice Chancellor, is Professor Chinedu Ostadinma Nebo, OON, has two campuses at Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti with 7 Faculties and 49 Departments.
The Federal University, Oye-Ekiti aspires to become an institution of first choice recognized for providing critical opportunities for student success; acknowledged as a primary and engaged regional and global resource for entrepreneurial educational and best practices in mining and farming technology; and valued as a university where there are faculty, students, and professional staff who are active in integrating cutting-edge technology in multidisciplinary and disciplinary research.
- To advance the community of learning by engaging in scientific research, humanistic scholarship, multidisciplinary research entrepreneurship and technological integration.
- To provide a robust and high quality educational experience for students in a diverse learning environment while promoting the values and indigenous learning that is responsive to the needs of our society.
- To create an institution that values and prepares students to lead lives of personal integrity and civic responsibility in a global society.
- To prepare the next generations of skilled and ethical professionals by providing robust curricula across and within disciplines that prepares graduates to be research minded and able to compete effectively in diverse world market.
- To create learning opportunity for faculty to meet their personal and institutional growth needs, and
- To advance best practices in farming and mining, foster economic development activities that are innovative, research-driven, and will result in a better quality of life for Nigerians.
History of FUOYE
The pioneer Vice-Chancellor, Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Professor Chinedu Nebo, was recently appointed Minister of Power by the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, His Excellency, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR. Consequently, Professor Isaac Uzoma Asuzu was appointed Vice Chancellor of FUOYE in his place.
The new Vice Chancellor arrived FUOYE on Wednesday, February 27th 2013. As a very courteous citizen, and with a burning zeal to have a first-hand assessment of the task ahead, embarked on…
|Fuoye Facts and history|
FUOYE Facts and Bulletins are published to provide current information and statistics about the university. Fuoye Bulletin, Vision and Mission, History
The University’s led by Professor Isaac Asuzu governed by a Faculty supported by numerous offices. Principal OfficersContact Us
|Faculty and Staff|
The University has two campuses at Oye-Ekiti and Ikole-Ekiti and 7 Faculties and 47 Departments. Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Science,
Faculty of Social Science, Faculty of Arts, Faculty of Management Science,
Faculty of Education
| News and Events|
To ensure a cordial and beneficial relationship with the media, We maintain relations with the media, in respect of coverage, interviews, advertisement placement, recording of live telecastFuoye NewsEvent CalenderA University’s bouquet of gifts to EkitiGrants for research